- Our Government
The Planning Office staffs the Planning Board and the Master Plan Implementation Committee and assists the Zoning Board of Appeals, Economic Development Commission, and the Historic Commission. The Planning Office strives to provide timely and accurate information and guidance to constituents and decision-makers regarding Land Use, Housing, Economic Development, Natural and Cultural Resources, Open Space and Recreation, Public Services and Facilities, and Circulation and Transportation.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Planning Department seeks to ensure development is in conformance with local bylaws and regulations, and to promote long-range planning for the Town’s physical development and resiliency through comprehensive planning as mandated under MGL Chapter 41 Section 81D. The duties and responsibilities of Kingston's elected Planning Board are further defined within Chapters 40A, 40 Section 15C, and 41 of the General Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. These sections of the General Laws are referred to respectively as the Zoning Act, Scenic Roads Act, and the Subdivision Control Law. The Planning Board is also responsible for drafting, conducting public hearings and submitting zoning amendments and recommendations for consideration at Town Meetings, issuance of some special permits through the zoning bylaw, and administrative review of commercial site plans.
- Housing Assistance Brochure 2023 Town of Kingston (PDF)
- Kingston Housing Production Plan 2019 (PDF)
- Kingston Master Plan December 2017 (PDF)
- Kingston Smart Growth District Design Standards and Procedures (PDF)
- Planning Board Rules and Regulations Governing Subdivision of Land (PDF)
- Zoning and General Bylaws (PDF) - Attorney General Decision 8-29-2019
- Street List & Acceptances