Duties and Responsibilities
The Human Resources Department works together with town officials, department heads, union representatives, and employees in a fair and consistent manner to administer policies, practices, and CBA’s. This collaborative team is dedicated to professional successes and serving the residents and businesses of Kingston:
- Value, encourage, and support each other.
- Continually improving our individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Anticipate and meet the changing needs of the workforce and Town.
- Champion professional growth, in addition to recruiting and retaining quality employees.
The Human Resources Department is directly responsible for working with the Town leadership and serving the employees with:
- Benefits administration
- Employment opportunities
- Collective Bargaining and negotiations
- Employee Relations and employment policies
- Partnering with Wage and Personnel Board
- Workers Compensation, CORI/SORI, and Unemployment Insurance
- Training Initiatives
The Town of Kingston maintains a sincere commitment to the principles of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination in all practices to employees and applicants.